Jolyn and I recently celebrated our 12th year anniversary. Jolyn gave me a card that statistically laid out a few things that has happened in our lives since we have been married. I thought it was a great idea and wanted to expand it even further.
We have gone through much together over these last 12 years.
- We brought 3 beautiful children into our family, 2 spending time in the NICU.
- Moved 6 times.
- Purchased 2 homes, 4 vehicles, 3 dogs and 1 horse.
- Jolyn has graduated from the university and has now gone back for more.
- Marv has pursued 3 different professions.
- Marv has received 5 different professional licenses.
- We have dealt with cancer once, beat it. Now we are watching someone close go through a worse form of cancer.
- We have had 6 bone breaks, one being a major femur bone.
- We have had 7 different surgeries.
- We have lost one father (Grandfather).
- We have traveled to 13 different states.
These are only a few of the things we chosen to do. Life has thrown us other obstacles of illness, pain and sorrow, but overall we have developed only 4 laugh lines and 2 frown lines on our faces. So I think these 12 years have been good years!
The great thing about this list is that each one of you could make a similar list yourself. It is not that we are special, but it is amazing when you list the things you have gone through it is kind of fun to see what has been done in a short amount of time.